Friday, December 5, 2008

This is the Day that The Lord has Made...

The psalmist in Psalm 118:4 shares this wonderful word of encouragement that Christians can cling to even in trying times! He adds, "let us rejoice and be glad in it!"

Are you glad today? Are you enjoying the day God has given you? Or are you stressed over things you can't control, circumstances you're having to face?

I found myself stressing for awhile. Working at my husband's upholstery shop today, away from my home office, I struggled for over an hour trying to get my email set up to send a message I needed to send to an online associate. It never happened. Then - out of the blue as is so often the case - this verse came to me.

The Holy Spirit reminded me that THIS is the day God made for ME. Away from my home (I'm a MAJOR home-body). Out of my comfort zone (the older I get the bigger an issue this is). Not able to follow MY agenda (ouch!). It was a needed reminder.

[Thank you, Jesus... this is the day you made. I will rejoice and be glad in it.] I hope you all are rejoicing, too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment