Friday, May 1, 2009

God Does Know Best

I am human and admit I have gotten impatient with God. I have often made a request and wanted an answer right then and there!

I believe God sometimes answers our prayers with “Wait” or “Not yet” and I can interpret that as Him being silent… Being that He has a complete view of my past, present, and future, He knows exactly how each and every choice or action I make will affect me and impact those around me.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. (Isaiah 55:8, NIV)

He hears my prayers and wants to give blessings and show His wonders, yet He knows that what I think would good for me now could really demolish my life tomorrow or a year from now. He doesn’t want to bring anything into my life that would wreak havoc or produce turmoil, and therefore says “wait” or “not yet” for my benefit.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11, NIV)

It would be easy for me to take matters into my own hands and try to make something happen on my own after God says to wait. If I do though, I’m headed for disaster. I must trust His judgment. How can I think I know more than God?

Guest post by Heather Phillips, wife, mother of four, and along with her husband, the owner of Lenoir City Computers in Lenoir City, Tennessee. Feel free to share your thoughts...

2 comments:

  1. Dee, just this past weekend our Pastor talked about this on Sunday. He talked about the importance of slowing down and not getting ahead of the Lord. I know he's right, but sometimes waiting can be so hard. I praise God for not giving up on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it AMAZING how the Holy Spirit works to say the same thing to His children in various places? What a mighty God we serve!

    ReplyDelete