Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Pastor dreams about Daniel in the lion’s den

Enjoy this guest post from Greg Miller and contact him to let him know you saw him on Christian Daily Blog!

Photo Courtesy morgueFilePastor Donald prayed to God for guidance about how to improve his prayer life.

“I want to know that you are listening, Lord,” the pastor prayed. “Please show me how to grow closer to you when I pray.”

Pastor Donald concluded his prayer time by reading First Thessalonians 5:17: “Pray without ceasing.”

The pastor cried out to God, “Oh, Lord, how can I pray without ceasing? I have to sleep, plus I have to be active in the ministry to which you have called me. It’s impossible to pray every second of every day.”

“You don’t have to be physically down on your knees praying all the time,” replied the Lord. “But you always need to have an attitude of prayer.

“I love you very much,” said the Lord, “When you go to sleep tonight, you’re going to enter the world of Daniel the Prophet. After you go to sleep, you’ll have a special dream. You’ll see that Daniel was a great man of prayer.”

A few moments later, Pastor Donald was fast asleep. Immediately, the dream transported him into the past, where Daniel was praying.

In the Old Testament book of Daniel, King Darius had issued a decree that stated anyone who asked any petition of any God or man for 30 days, with the exception of King Darius, would be cast into the den of lions.

As soon as Daniel learned about the decree, he went into his house and prayed near his open window. When the king heard that Daniel had disobeyed his decree, he was sorry and wanted to deliver Daniel. But he was reminded that the decree could not be changed. Daniel was thrown into the lion’s den, where he spent the night.

The next morning, Daniel told the king in Daniel chapter six, “My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions' mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt. Then was the king exceedingly glad for him, and commanded that they should take Daniel up out of the den. So Daniel was taken up out of the den, and no manner of hurt was found upon him, because he believed in his God.”

Pastor Donald awoke from his dream. “Wow!,” he exclaimed. “Daniel was one courageous dude. He stood true to you and to your call on his life.”

Pastor Donald then told the Lord, “I’ve discovered that in the face of persecution, a child of God will always do well to keep the faith. I‘ve always known that you are the Creator, but I have also discovered you are the world’s greatest lion tamer!”

--------------------
To contact Greg Miller for speaking engagements or puppet ministry, please email kidcool4jesus@yahoo.com.


Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

0 comments:

Post a Comment