Monday, May 10, 2010

Stars debate their brightness

Enjoy this guest post from Greg Miller and contact him to let him know you saw him on Christian Daily Blog!

Photo Courtesy morgueFileFrancesca and Fred were stars who lived in different parts of God’s great and glorious universe.

Both Francesca and Fred had high opinions of themselves. “I’m the brightest star in the universe,” said Fred.

“Don’t be silly,” replied Francesca. “You’re the only star in the sky who doesn’t see my true brightness.”

“It seems that your opinion of yourself is the only one that counts,” said Fred. “You’re always talking about the brightness that overwhelms you when you’re standing in front of heaven’s mirror.”

“You’re just jealous,” said Francesca. “You’re a dreamer. You’re a wishful thinker. On the other hand, I’m a realist. I know what I see when I look at me. I see what I know when I look at me. I know what I think when I think about me.”

“You’re saying a lot, but you’re not saying anything,” said Fred. “You’re just talking in circles.”

“I’m millions of years older than you,” said Francesca. “That’s another reason to believe that I’m brighter than you.”

“Being millions of years older than me means only one thing,” replied Fred. “It means you’re millions of years older than me. It certainly doesn’t mean that you shine brighter than me.”

“There’s one more reason to say that I’m a brighter star than you,” said Francesca.

“I’m a graduate of the Heavenly Stars Celestial University,” Francesca said. “God himself handed my diploma to me!”

Francesca concluded her argument. “I’ve just given you all the reasons I am heaven’s brightest star,” she said. “Surely now you will concede the obvious.”

“The only thing I’m willing to concede is that you and I are very bright stars,” Fred said. “Only the Sovereign Lord, however, can judge which of us may have superior brightness. I know it may be highly unlikely, but He may say some other star is the brightest star in the Universe.”

Francesca giggled, “You’re so funny, Fred. God created us, so He knows more about us than we know about ourselves. Plus, it’s important to remember that each of us stars has been assigned a certain job to do.”

“I thought you were determined to have every star in the Universe bow at the Altar of the Mirror of Francesca,” said Fred.

“I do think I’m a very bright star,” Francesca beamed. “But since we started our little discussion, I’ve been thinking that while I may be the brightest star in the Universe tonight, you may shine more brightly tomorrow night.”

“The bottom line is no matter how brightly we shine, we’ll never outshine God’s Son, Jesus Christ,” said Fred.

“That’s right,” agreed Francesca. He created all of the stars in the Universe, and even on a cloudy day, He is far brighter than all of the rest of us put together!”
----------------
To contact Greg Miller for speaking engagements or puppet ministry, please email kidcool4jesus@yahoo.com.

Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

0 comments:

Post a Comment