Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Christian Business

Since being a Christian is who I am, and - along with pastoring - owning a business is what I do - I can safely call myself a Christian in business, or a Christian business owner. As such, there will be many posts on Christian Daily that address business issues. Today's the first of many.

I went to a business leads sharing/networking group today. It's a small group here in Crossville, TN. I enjoyed it (and got a free lunch out of the deal). They're modeled after Business Networking International(BNI), but much less expensive ($120 per year compared to $450 which is the last I heard on BNI). I'm considering joining.

As the owner of Bishop's Corner, where I offer catalog and online shopping with over 3,400 products (nearly 850 of them priced $19.95 or less!), I've been working hard to find new customers and grow the business - like everyone else, I guess. Ideally, working with other business owners seems like a good fit. I can offer discounted pricing for store decor and customer or client gifts. Along with the personalized service and guaranteed returns, it's a goof fit for other businesses as well. I'd like to think this networking group could help me make some profitable connections, while allowing me to help other business owners by directing business their way.

What do you think? Do you belong to a similar group? I'd love to hear your thoughts as I struggle with my decision.

0 comments:

Post a Comment