Friday, January 30, 2009

Standing Up for What's Right

I watched a video this morning about how to use social media (Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, etc.) to build a business and increase the traffic to a website. One of the tips the presenter gave was to "Be Controversial." It struck me that if I'm doing my job as a Christian properly, that one comes naturally.

Standing up for what's right is often controversial. Too many people want to impose their lack of morality on Christians because they don't want to be held accountable for their own actions, or maybe because they can't deal with the guilt that comes from the conviction of the Holy Spirit speaking to our hearts when we've displeased God. Whatever the reason, there are people every day who try to force their liberal ideas down the throats of those of us who still believe the Bible is truth and still plan to live by it. That causes great controversy.

I'm here to tell you that if I'm the only one left standing, I will remain true to God's word. I will continue to speak out against sin as the Bible defines it. And I will do my best to live as a Christian every day... not just on Sunday, not just when I'm around other Christians, not just when it's easy. I will stand up for Christ so that when Jesus returns for me (as He promised He would in Matthew 24), I'll be ready for Him.

Want to stand with me?

0 comments:

Post a Comment