Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Are You Ready?

Christian Daily BlogYesterday, I learned of the death of a friend from my former pastorate in Veedersburg, Indiana. John Rahm was a sweetheart who would literally give you the shirt off his back. He loved to laugh and tease his pastor, but he also refused to let me get even a cup of coffee for myself if he knew I wanted one. He was a treasure to be around and will be missed by many.

Coming face-to-face with death always makes me examine my heart. Am I ready to die? Am I convinced that when I do die, I'm going to Heaven to be with Jesus?

My answer is an unequivocal YES! I am ready to die. Not that I'm trying to rush it. It's like the guy who said, I'm ready, but I'm not trying to get a load up to go today. ;o) But being ready is knowing without a doubt that I'll be with Jesus when I die. And I have that assurance.

2 Corinthians 5:8 says in speaking of Christian believers that to "be absent from the body [is] to be present with the Lord." I believe that to be absolute truth. I'm just waiting on the Lord's timing to take me Home. There's still work to be done here. Still souls to be saved. Still loved ones and friends to encourage.

But when my time does come, I have no doubt at all that I'll be ready. Can you say the same?

0 comments:

Post a Comment