Monday, April 6, 2009

Beloved Now We are Called Children of God

NOTE: Enjoy this guest post from my husband and fellow Pastor, Greg Bishop.

Very Big Cross by Alvimann - morgueFile.comAt this time of the year we celebrate our Risen Lord. What a joy to know that God, the Creator of the universe, would count us as His children! The verse that really spoke to me this morning is from 1 John 3:2-3:
"Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as he is." (NKJV)

I don't know about you, but I wait with eager anticipation of that day. Sometimes I feel so unworthy to be called His child. But I never give up my hope in Him.

Verse 3 says:

"And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure." (NKJV)
Praise the Name of our Risen Lord! He IS Risen... He is Risen, Indeed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment