Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Stay True

morgueFile.com - free photosOur days are often filled with problems we just can't seem to solve. And we ask... What's going on? What do I do in this situation? Which way do I turn now?

Today, I've already had to deal with more problems than I had yesterday. They seem to pile up. Before I can get this one solved I have three more.

Does that sound like you?

I'm convinced that these trials will make us stronger if we just stay true to God and trust Him to work in every situation. Of course we say "Hurry Up, God!" but if He hurried, it wouldn't always be in our best interest.

1 Corinthians 10:13 says, " No temptation has overtaken you except such is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make a way of escape, that you may be able to bear it." (NKJV)

There's a story about David in the book of 1 Samuel. In verse 37, David gives the reason why he can fight the giant Goliath. "Moreover David said, 'The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of the Philistine.' " David expressed his faith that God would give him the strength he needed to overcome the giant. And God did.

Stay true and God will give you the strength you need as well. You can count on Him, He has the perfect solution to your problems already in the works. Have a blessed day!

Greg Bishop is a Nazarene minister and owner of Greg's Furniture Service in Knoxville, Tennessee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment