Friday, March 26, 2010

Unborn Baby Wants To Become Professional Thief

Enjoy this guest post from Greg Miller and visit his website to let him know you saw him on Christian Daily Blog!

Photo Courtesy morgueFile.comEveryone who knew Esther could tell that she was extremely happy that she was going to have a baby.

“I have dedicated my son, Elijah, to the Lord,” Esther said. “When he grows up, he will accomplish great exploits for God! “I think he may become a great preacher or a well-known Christian singer!”

A couple of months later, when Esther was six months pregnant, she and her husband, Elisha, were on their way home after the Sunday morning worship service.

The radio’s smooth Christian music was interrupted by a soft, “Hi, Mom and Dad! Would you mind changing the station to something geared more to us in the younger generation!?”

“Esther, I thought I just heard someone ask us to change radio stations,” said Elisha. “But we’re the only ones in the car.”

“That was Elijah, our son,” said Esther. “He and I had a nice conversation last night. I almost thought I was dreaming. He told me that he was going to talk to us today after church.”

“So, how are you doing this afternoon, Son?,” asked Elisha, as he tuned the radio to a Christian station with a more contemporary sound.

“I’m great, Dad!,” exclaimed Elijah, his feet tapping to the music. “And thanks for changing stations for me.” “While we’re having this little discussion today, there is something specific I want to talk to you about,” said Elisha.

“What’s that, Dad?”

“I know you haven’t been born yet, but you’re my son, and I’d like to give you a bit of a head start in life. So, I’d like to talk to you about your career options.”

“And we have already dedicated you to God, so your career needs to be one that will honor and glorify the Lord,“ said Esther. “I‘m thinking about you becoming a pastor, evangelist, youth leader, music director, or a Christian actor.”

“How about you, Dad? Do you have any ideas on a career that will be the best for me?,” asked Elijah.

“My ideas would tend to be more secular in nature,” said Elisha. “A field like information technology or science. But even if you work in a secular job, you’ll still have lots of opportunities to serve God.”

“I’m glad to hear you say that, Dad, because I guess you might say that I’m interested in a secular field. I want to be a professional thief.”

“I professional thief?,” gasped Esther.

“Yes, Mom, a professional thief. Dad, you know how you always watch professional baseball games on Sunday afternoons after church? Well, I’ve been listening in, and I’m sort of thinking about a pro baseball career. I want to be the all-time stolen-base king!”

For a couple of seconds, Elijah gave his mother a couple of unusual kicks. “What’s that all about?,” she asked.

“I’m just practicing sliding into second base!” Elijah laughed.

----------
To contact Greg Miller for speaking engagements or puppet ministry, please email kidcool4jesus@yahoo.com.


Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

0 comments:

Post a Comment